Green Park are pleased to be working with EY on a search for their UK Chief Financial Officer.
In today’s fast paced, globally connected, diverse, dynamic business environment, the role of the CFO has never been more critical to the success of any business. As such, Green Park are looking for a senior and experienced Chief Financial Officer for EY's £1bn+ business. The CFO will join EY's senior leadership team. The role reports jointly to the UK&I Chief Operating Officer and Global Group CFO. As EY's CFO, they will be expected to be a trusted business partner to the business and provide strategic advice to senior leaders in the business to drive leading financial performance whilst maintaining the reputation of the firm. The CFO will also be required to play the more traditional roles of ‘steward/operator’, preserving the assets of the organisation as well as running a tight finance operation that is efficient and effective.
What you will do:
- A trusted business partner and strategic advisor to the UKI Managing Partner, UKI COO and wider UK firm; provides relevant and timely foresight and insight on all finance related matters to drive leading financial performance and, manage operational and reputational risk
- Drives the key finance policies and processes of group accounting, statutory, planning, forecasting, monitoring and controlling as well as Partner matters and accounting to drive leading business performance
- Establishes critical financial and operational measurements and controls; applies accurate and timely analysis and reporting to identify trends, variances and, to support corrective action as required
- Works closely with the Global Group CFO to drive the integration of the Global Finance vision and overarching strategy / financial goals; seeks to operate, to the furthest extent possible, as a single and integrated global Finance organisation through the appropriate use, for example, of its Global Finance COEs and Shared Serve Centres
- Collaborates with the Global Group CFO and Area Finance Lead to share/obtain insights; shares relevant management information on the UK firm’s performance and a view, on any key drivers that are impacting agreed financial and market leadership plan(s)
- Supports major UK firm-wide projects by providing strategic financial advice and guidance to ensure investment needs can be met, appropriate return on investment, appropriate accounting and tax treatment are applied, regulatory requirements are considered and so forth
- Leads global finance transformational change initiatives across the UK firm work-ing collaboratively with all key stakeholders
- Maintains up-to-date expertise in financial regulations, international accounting, and capital structure etc as may be required
- Establishes solid relationships with Area and Regional Finance Leads across EY EMEIA / Global ensuring best practice is shared and implemented as appropriate.
UK Group Statutory, Taxation and Regulatory responsibilities:
- Leads the Finance function in the annual preparation of group statutory accounts and related subsidiary accounts; liaises with Global Statutory Accounting, Global Taxation, Partner Finance and External Comms
- Oversees the external audit process of the statutory accounting reporting cycle
- Provides quarterly updates for the Pension Trustees and works with the COO for triennial valuation and contribution schedule and related negotiations
- Responsible for managing the tax affairs of the UK LLP, working in partnership with the Global, EMEIA and UK Tax teams. This includes the review and approval of all UK statutory tax returns and reporting
- Manages partnership accounting liaising accordingly with Partner Finance, Partner Matters, Global Statutory Accounting and Global Taxation
- Oversees the firm’s reporting onto the UK government’s Payment Portal
UK Group Treasury and Working Capital responsibilities:
- Drives working capital efforts to optimise funds available for investment and maintain bank balances within the facilities available
- Oversees Treasury function in sourcing, agreeing and implementing funding strategy and, manages all ad-hoc funding requirements
- Self-starter able to operate within a complex and global matrix environment; manages differing initiatives/priorities effectively and efficiently
- Substantial experience in building, leading, managing and coaching a team of ‘world-class’ finance professionals in multiple locations
- Successful track record of implementing and leading transformational change initiatives
- Ability to challenge, at the most senior level, assumptions and decisions in an appropriate manner
- Leads by example in driving exceptional client service; promotes quality management
- Drives interactions that build trust with clients and key stakeholders; provide clear and concise communication
- Leverages leading practices to drive operational excellence across Finance and more widely, across the business
- Finance & accounting incl. planning and budgeting
- Strong core finance and accounting skills
- Able to form clear and concise financial and strategic plans; able to interpret effectively market leadership plans
- Leads planning and end-end budgeting process; provides clear guidance and instructions to the business ensuring strategic alignment with the financial ambitions of the UK and Global firm
- Develops and communicates clear and concise views of financial performance to all key stakeholders
- Synthesizes and communicates detailed financial information to drive effective and timely decision-making
- Focuses on analysis, advice and solutions that drives continuous improvement of financial performance and risk mitigation
- Understands and applies the firm’s vision, strategies and key goals of the UK and Global firm accordingly
- Demonstrates deep understanding of the key drivers of financial performance and applies constantly to analyse and advise on progress against financial and strategic plans
- Knowledgeable of EY’s capabilities and services
- Demonstrates appreciation and respect of varying cultures and diversity in general (e.g. corporate, geographical and gender)
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Graduate or relevant qualification (e.g. MBA) in a business-related subject matter (i.e. Accounting, Finance or Business)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience at CFO level preferably within a global professional services organisation of similar size
- Qualified accountant (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar)
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to trav-el regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.