£45,000 per annum
Women and Girls Network Head of Advice Services
Women and Girl's Network, a charity run by women, for women, are looking to appoint a Head of Advice Services, a member of the Senior Leadership team, responsible for promoting the vision, values and Black feminist ethos externally and throughout the whole organisation and working within WGN's policies, procedures and service frameworks. This is an exciting opportunity to join a charity with a brilliant mission to support women and girls who have faced gender-based violence in London. The Head of Advice Services will be the strategic lead for WGN's Advice and Casework services, ensuring services are developed and delivered to the highest standards. The post will manage and oversee the operational management of WGN's Advice and Casework Services ensuring services are safe, high quality, survivor centred, supportive and culturally appropriate for all women and girls who have experienced VAWG.
Desired Experience, Expertise and Skills
Knowledge and Expertise
· Knowledge of the issues affecting women and girls who have experienced VAWG.
· A sound understanding and working knowledge of legal framework, legislation and policy relating to VAWG.
· Working knowledge of Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conference (MARAC) processes and the ability to oversee and manage the organisation representation at different local MARACs.
· A proven track record in managing/coordinating advice services including helplines
· An understanding and ability to identify emerging trends and implement those into strategic priorities and plans.
· Sound understanding of teamwork and team building.
· A strategic thinker experienced at operating at a high level of decision making and effective use of power
· Experience of supervising and managing teams including volunteers.
· Experience of working towards achieving individual and team objectives.
· Experience of service development in a similar environment.
· Experience of overseeing and providing managerial input into the management of complex and high risk/needs cases, in particular cases involving clients with additional vulnerabilities.
· Experience of overseeing and managing a service's representation at different Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARACs).
· Appropriate experience of multi-agency working and development of partnership working.
· Experience of service monitoring and evaluation including data collection, analysing data, monitoring of outcomes and writing reports.
· Experience of working in a regulated environment, managing risk and following case management procedures.
· Experience of fundraising
Skills and Attributes
· A participative leadership and management style.
· Effective oral and written communication skills.
· Well-developed interpersonal skills.
· Effective people management and negotiation skills.
· Good time management with ability to multi-task.
· Ability to form good working relationships with a wide range of groups and individuals.
· Good analytical and problem solving skills.
· Good organisational and ICT skills including the ability to develop and maintain an efficient case recording and management system including case file monitoring
· High level of self-awareness and commitment to own personal and professional continuous development.
· Commitment to Women and Girls Organisation's vision and values and feminist protocols and ability to make a positive contribution to the organisation
Due to the nature of the role, we will only accept applications from female candidates (exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1).