£80,000 per annum
Churches Conservation Trust - Finance & Commercial Director
Hybrid, based in Northampton (with regular travel to London and other sites as required)
£80,000 + generous employer pension contribution (30.3%)
The Churches Conservation Trust (CCT) is looking to appoint a Finance & Commercial Director to join their senior management team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a brilliant, national charity, that cares for churches at risk.
The CCT are the operator of the third largest heritage estate in charitable ownership in the UK, their collection of over 350 historic churches includes examples of irreplaceable architecture, archaeology and art from 1,000 years of English history. CCT has an international award-winning reputation in heritage conservation and regeneration. All churches in their care are listed, mostly Grade I and II*, and some are Scheduled Ancient Monuments. Without the care of CCT, these buildings might have disappeared entirely. Instead, they are enjoyed as social, tourism, educational and cultural resources, kept open, in use, and living once again in the heart of their communities.
Overall job purpose
As Finance & Commercial Director you will lead and develop the corporate finance and financial strategy and our Finance and Commercial functions, including IT.
You will provide financial management, business planning and commercial support to operational teams as well as manage, maintain and develop the core IT function of the organisation. As a member of the senior management team, provide corporate and financial leadership to the organisation.
· A recognised accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIMA, or CIPFA) or finance-oriented MBA
· Experience of risk management and auditing
· Strong experience of successful financial management and control, at a senior level
· Experience of managing commercial income generation
· Ability to explain financial information clearly and accurately to non-financial staff and trustees
· Ability to think and plan strategically
· Experience of leading teams and working across disciplines
· General understanding of IT, KIM and resources strategy and operations
· Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Excel; comfortable with using different accounting software
· Clear understanding of public finance and/or charity accounting
Applications close 7th of May 2023